Sediment Mass Balance for HFE consideratons- Model explaination
From Glen Canyon Dam AMP
How do I run the Sediment Model to indicate what managers look at when considering HFEs? When considering just sediment inputs-
- GCMRC Sediment LINK NOTE: Google Chrome works best. Explorer, Foxfire, Mozilla have issues.
- GO to the monitoring stations option, and select Paria River at Lees Ferry. (don't just use the sand mass balance options)
- NEXT: select cumulative sand load, which is the last option on the left banner.
- You can select any time period, and so select __/__/__ to current. That graph will tell you how much sand has entered the Colorado from the Paria.
- NEXT: GO to Colorado River at 30 mile and you will see how much of that sand has moved downstream from 30-mile.
- THEN: GO to your mass balance page … mass balance is what has gone in (Paria) minus what has gone out (past 30 mile).
[Source: Jack Schmidt]